Green New Deal Town Hall Details
- Location: First Church and Parish, 670 High Street, Dedham, MA 02026
- Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Time: 7pm-9pm; doors open at 6:30
- RSVP: https://actionnetwork.org/events/dedham-green-new-deal-town-hall/
- Attendance at the town hall is free and open to all.
Climate change is an existential threat that demands a fundamental change in our economy, politics, and priorities. We must aggressively confront this threat to ensure a livable future for our children.
We will present the Sunrise Movement’s case for a Green New Deal. Then a panel of activists, community leaders, and a health professional will discuss the impacts of climate change on our communities and what they are doing about it. We conclude with a question and answer session and recommendations for action at the local, state and federal level, as well as opportunities to connect with local environmental organizations.
- Craig Altemose, Executive Director, Better Future Project
- Virginia LeClair, Environmental Coordinator, Town of Dedham
- Dr. Alex Rabin, Pulmonologist, Tufts Medical Center
- Vick Mohanka, Clean Energy Organizer, Clean Water Action
- John Burkhardt, Extinction Rebellion Boston
- Emily Norton, Executive Director, Charles River Watershed Association